Any where, any place, any time
Globalisation is here to stay. It willnever be the total exodus prophesied by some industry gurus, but most suppliers to theUK's mainstream clothing manufacturers will be expected to offer an international service. In the last three or four years we haveseen a large section of the UK's garment manufacturers move at least some of theirproduction offshore to take advantage of the lower labour costs. While some have returneddisillusioned with poor quality and response, the majority have decided to runmultilateral production operations: using off-shore facilities for large, standard runsand UK-based operations for small runs, sudden demand contracts and premium qualitymerchandise. It has emerged that when response and quality are at a premium - UK is best.Or to be more accurate - local is best.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020