Any where, any place, any time
Globalisation is here to stay. It willnever be the total exodus prophesied by some industry gurus, but most suppliers to theUK's mainstream clothing manufacturers will be expected to offer an international service. In the last three or four years we haveseen a large section of the UK's garment manufacturers move at least some of theirproduction offshore to take advantage of the lower labour costs. While some have returneddisillusioned with poor quality and response, the majority have decided to runmultilateral production operations: using off-shore facilities for large, standard runsand UK-based operations for small runs, sudden demand contracts and premium qualitymerchandise. It has emerged that when response and quality are at a premium - UK is best.Or to be more accurate - local is best.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar