Any where, any place, any time
Globalisation is here to stay. It willnever be the total exodus prophesied by some industry gurus, but most suppliers to theUK's mainstream clothing manufacturers will be expected to offer an international service. In the last three or four years we haveseen a large section of the UK's garment manufacturers move at least some of theirproduction offshore to take advantage of the lower labour costs. While some have returneddisillusioned with poor quality and response, the majority have decided to runmultilateral production operations: using off-shore facilities for large, standard runsand UK-based operations for small runs, sudden demand contracts and premium qualitymerchandise. It has emerged that when response and quality are at a premium - UK is best.Or to be more accurate - local is best.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective