USA: Basics Market Continues To Challenge US Makers
Fruit of the Loom in Bankruptcy; Tultex to Liquidate To subscribe to Bobbin, please visit www.bobbin.com Pressures in the basic apparel market have taken a toll on some of the US apparel industry's largest players in recent years, and the shakeout is far from over. Fruit of the Loom's bankruptcy filing and the recent announcement by Tultex Corp that it will liquidate are the latest entries in a long list of hardships for firms that produce basics such as T-shirts and fleece athletic apparel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores