USA: Basics Market Continues To Challenge US Makers
Fruit of the Loom in Bankruptcy; Tultex to Liquidate To subscribe to Bobbin, please visit www.bobbin.com Pressures in the basic apparel market have taken a toll on some of the US apparel industry's largest players in recent years, and the shakeout is far from over. Fruit of the Loom's bankruptcy filing and the recent announcement by Tultex Corp that it will liquidate are the latest entries in a long list of hardships for firms that produce basics such as T-shirts and fleece athletic apparel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022