USA: Basics Market Continues To Challenge US Makers
Fruit of the Loom in Bankruptcy; Tultex to Liquidate To subscribe to Bobbin, please visit www.bobbin.com Pressures in the basic apparel market have taken a toll on some of the US apparel industry's largest players in recent years, and the shakeout is far from over. Fruit of the Loom's bankruptcy filing and the recent announcement by Tultex Corp that it will liquidate are the latest entries in a long list of hardships for firms that produce basics such as T-shirts and fleece athletic apparel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022