Chilean textiles growth soars after restructuring
Five years ago, Chile's textiles and apparel industry was reeling under a massive inflow of Chinese imports with many fiber makers closing shop. But a successful restructuring campaign has helped shore up the trade which is expected to grow 16% this year, according to Arnaldo Flores, president of leading textiles industry lobby Instituto Textil de Chile (Intech).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020