Collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment (CPFR)
In 1996, the US retail chain Wal-Mart successfully conducted apilot program in which it used internet communications with one of its suppliers toachieve significant cuts in inventories. The process used in the pilot was called CPFR for'collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment'. CPFR has since beenimplemented in secret by many companies seeking to emulate Wal-Mart's success. Today,a number of retailers have CPFR programs underway, but none are willing to discuss whatthey consider to be a highly competitive issue.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020