E-commerce - some implications
Introduction The media is full of articles extolling thepotential benefits of e-commerce. However, these are largely from the perspective ofconsumer sales. A poll by ComputerWorld of 100 senior systems managers found that 36percent had diverted resources to internet projects. This was done purely as a result oftop management reading a media report on e-commerce technology. This is hardly a strategicrationale. Sales of mid-range and enterprise systems have been boosted by the demands ofcompanies rushing to develop e-commerce facilities. In short, the hype surrounding thepotential of e-commerce is driving organizations to develop e-commerce capabilities, oftenwithout considering the strategic implications. This article will explore some of thepotential implications of the much anticipated explosion in e-commerce activity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020