Eastern Europe a “cheap labour sewing backyard”
As brands and retailers increasingly explore options for sourcing closer to home, it is perhaps inevitable that labour rights activists should now turn their attention to pay and conditions for garment workers in eastern Europe and Turkey.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- Is China really going through a slump?
- UK retailers key to domestic manufacturing growth
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- H&M criticised for India, Cambodia labour abuses
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production