Emerging markets update – The CIVETS
With developed retail markets reaching a point of saturation, global fashion retailers are looking at ways to expand. Ira Kalish, director of global economics at Deloitte Research, reviewed the key emerging retail markets at the Retail London Conference this week. Here is a summary of his comments on the 'CIVETS' markets of Colombia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Egypt, Turkey and South Africa.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth