Ethiopia struggles to meet textile expansion plans
Ethiopia is trying to position itself as a sourcing destination for the textile and apparel industry. But ambitious government projections of a US$500m a-year turnover sector by 2008/2009 are lagging way behind, with exports of just US$12.6m achieved in 2007. Paul Cochrane reports from Addis Ababa.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020