Fashion buyers bite back
"Suppliers need to be realistic about what they can achieve in terms of price and quality." "False promises are my issue." "Manufacturers don't seem to have deals with their fabric suppliers; they just take the lead times they are given." "Manufacturers seem to think that having a good lead time is enough, and that price, quality and design are secondary." These comments from high street fashion buyers highlight the growing divide between retailers and manufacturers. But as today's suppliers have to fight harder for their business, perhaps an understanding of the needs of the retail buyer would be to their advantage. Liz Bolt looks at the dos and don'ts for manufacturers hoping to secure new business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016