Fashion buyers bite back
"Suppliers need to be realistic about what they can achieve in terms of price and quality." "False promises are my issue." "Manufacturers don't seem to have deals with their fabric suppliers; they just take the lead times they are given." "Manufacturers seem to think that having a good lead time is enough, and that price, quality and design are secondary." These comments from high street fashion buyers highlight the growing divide between retailers and manufacturers. But as today's suppliers have to fight harder for their business, perhaps an understanding of the needs of the retail buyer would be to their advantage. Liz Bolt looks at the dos and don'ts for manufacturers hoping to secure new business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report