Fashion buyers bite back
"Suppliers need to be realistic about what they can achieve in terms of price and quality." "False promises are my issue." "Manufacturers don't seem to have deals with their fabric suppliers; they just take the lead times they are given." "Manufacturers seem to think that having a good lead time is enough, and that price, quality and design are secondary." These comments from high street fashion buyers highlight the growing divide between retailers and manufacturers. But as today's suppliers have to fight harder for their business, perhaps an understanding of the needs of the retail buyer would be to their advantage. Liz Bolt looks at the dos and don'ts for manufacturers hoping to secure new business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022