German shoe buyers play it safe in a difficult climate
The big German international shoe fair, GDS, celebrated its 100th show (50-year anniversary) this September. There was a welter of events, presentations and parties for buyers and exhibitors. But the talk was more of business and politics, with the indecisive national German election coming slap bang in the middle of the fair and taking a lot of attention away from the shoes. Penny Leese reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"