Importance of strategies for achieving goals - the 1998 Apparel and Footwear Industry Survey
Importanceof strategies for achieving goals in the near future Respondents were asked to rank the importance of various strategies in achievingtheir financial or business goals in 1998 and beyond. The key success factors for domesticmanufacturers and distributors relate to developing an effective response to conflictingconsumer and retailer demands for quality, price and service. Above all, achieving acompetitive quality/price ratio is seen as the most important factor. With increasingglobal competition, and overseas suppliers capable of competing on quality and style aswell as price, businesses need to capitalize on their existing strengths, such as theadvantage of their proximity to market, as well as developing new skills in sourcing inorder to establish an advantage. The relative importance given to sourcing as opposed toresponsiveness may vary from sector to sector and country to country, but the mostimportant issue is to have a strategy that encompasses a full range of capabilities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016