Jeans are Still the Nation's Favourite
Mintel's new report* found that despite the threat of other so called 'trendier fashions' such as combat trousers and khakis, jeans remain the number one choice Mintel's consumer research found that almost 6 out of 10 men and some 46% of women are wearing jeans. In contrast only 11% of the population claim to wear combat trousers on a regular basis. Interestingly, usage of jeans far outweighed combat trousers even among those aged 15-24, with some 72% of trouser wearers in the 15-19 year old age group wearing jeans as opposed to the 43% of 15-19 year olds who wear combats.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores