Jeans are Still the Nation's Favourite
Mintel's new report* found that despite the threat of other so called 'trendier fashions' such as combat trousers and khakis, jeans remain the number one choice Mintel's consumer research found that almost 6 out of 10 men and some 46% of women are wearing jeans. In contrast only 11% of the population claim to wear combat trousers on a regular basis. Interestingly, usage of jeans far outweighed combat trousers even among those aged 15-24, with some 72% of trouser wearers in the 15-19 year old age group wearing jeans as opposed to the 43% of 15-19 year olds who wear combats.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020