just-style's research roundup
Featured research from just-style this week includes a look at whether there are alternatives to China for apparel sourcing, the prospects for the textile and clothing industry in Brazil, and a report looking at trends in fibre prices, production and consumption.
- Is there an alternative to China for apparel sourcing?
This report looks at why China dominates apparel sourcing, and the areas where it does not dominate. It assesses the current and evolving competitiveness of alternative locations, and makes some tentative predictions of how garment manufacturing will develop to the end of this decade.
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Brazil
A geographical, political and economic profile of the Brazilian textile and clothing industry is included in this report. It takes a detailed look at the country's imports and exports; a review of government policies, investment incentives and foreign investments and an analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT). It also looks at Brazil's infrastructure and human resources and how these affect the textile and clothing industry.
- Cotton Traders Ltd. - Company Capsule
This profile identifies crucial company information about the Cotton Traders Ltd. along with major products and services for business intelligence requirements. It details locations and subsidiaries and identifies key employees to assist with key business decisions.
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the USA, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico, December 2011
The latest edition contains statistical data, information and insight into the textile and apparel industries in these areas. The report includes a wide-range of information on: clothing retail sales; employment; exports by destination; imports by source and product; investments; government initiatives; developments in the region; and production.
- Global Trends in Fibre Prices, Production and Consumption, December 2011
Trends in the fibre sector are an important indicator of future trends in textiles and apparel as a whole. This report provides an overview of general trends in fibre prices, production and consumption by country and region. It also provides insight, information, data and analysis of the key fibre types - natural and man-made.
- Apparel, Accessories & Luxury Goods Retailing in BRIC to 2015: Market Guide International Challenges and Opportunities for Clothing and Footwear Retailers
The report looks at a number of issues facing clothing and footwear retailers as they shift their focus to emerging markets, ranging from domestic saturation to identifying tomorrow's luxury markets. The focus of the research is on large international clothing and footwear retailers but consideration is also given to retailers from emerging markets.
- Apparel, Accessories & Luxury Goods Retailing in BRIC to 2015: Market Guide
The report provides a top-level overview and detailed category insight into the operating environment for the Apparel, Accessories & Luxury Goods retailing market in BRIC countries. It is an essential tool for companies active across the Apparel, Accessories & Luxury Goods retailing value chain in BRIC countries and for new players that are considering entering the market.
- The clothing retail market in Russia
In recent years, leading international clothing brands have been able to put competitive pressure on local players and gain a significant share of the Russian clothing retail market. As a result, the retail market remains very attractive for foreign investors-especially those willing to expand into the vast undeveloped regions outside the major cities.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective