just-style's research roundup
Featured research from just-style's research store this week includes a look at apparel specialist retailers in Greece, strategies for sustainability in the global apparel industry and a report on the world's key export sources.
- Apparel Specialist retailers in Greece
The Greek recession continued to affect the market in 2011. Following another considerable drop in value sales in 2010, apparel specialists was one of the channels that appeared to be most impacted by the financial meltdown in 2011. The report offers insight into key trends and developments driving the industry.
- Is there an alternative to China for apparel sourcing?
This report looks at why China dominates overall and the areas where it does not dominate, assesses the current and evolving competitiveness of alternative locations, and makes some tentative predictions of how garment manufacturing will develop to the end of this decade.
- Product Lifecycle Management Market in Japan 2010-2014
This report has been prepared based on an in-depth analysis of the market with inputs from industry experts. The report focuses on Japan and covers the vendor landscape of the PLM software market vendors and a corresponding detailed analysis of the top four vendors. This market includes revenues obtained through sales, services, maintenance and renewal of software licenses.
- Product Lifecycle Management Software in China 2010-2014
Amongst the questions answered in this report are what size the PLM software market will be in 2014 and at what rate it will grow, what key trends is the market subject to, what is driving this market and what challenges the growth of the market will face.
- Strategies for sustainability in the global apparel industry
This report offers vital insight and analysis into strategies for sustainability in the global apparel industry. It looks at the ways companies are trying to mitigate their harmful impacts on society and the environment, and how collaboration, transparency and integrity are helping them to do this.
- Talking strategy: benefits of integrating sustainability into global supply chains
In "Talking strategy" this quarter, Esther Verburg, general manager of MADE-BY Benelux, discusses the key social and environmental issues and challenges faced by brands and retailers. She provides insight into what makes a good sustainability strategy and the importance of implementing this within a company's business plan.
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, retail demand and trends in five key emerging markets, 4th quarter 2011
This report provides vital data and analysis of trends in world, regional and national clothing imports and retail demand. The report also focuses in greater detail on clothing imports, retail demand and trends in five key emerging markets, namely Brazil, China, India, Indonesia and Turkey.
- Trade and trade policy: the world's leading clothing exporters and key markets, 2nd quarter 2011
This 28-page report provides vital data and analysis of the important role played by the world's key export sources. According to this report, China is the largest exporter with 37% of the global total. The EU is the second largest exporter, followed by Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Turkey, India, Vietnam, Indonesia, the United States of America and Mexico.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Luxury fashion firm Ports 1961 is to implement the full product lifecycle management (PLM) system from Centric Software to help manage its apparel collections and support future growth....
Southern California-based apparel manufacturer B&H Company has selected Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM FS (Fast Start) product lifecycle management software to help manage the launch later this year o...
New York-based upscale women's wear and accessories brand Proenza Schouler has selected Centric PLM software to help provide a flexible system to support its future growth....
The Centric 8 product lifecycle management (PLM) system for the apparel and footwear markets should be easier and faster to deploy thanks to a new way of implementing the technology developed by Centr...
Contemporary clothing brand Velvet by Graham and Spencer has chosen the BlueCherry PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software solution to help manage its creative and production teams....
Chinese eco-friendly clothing manufacturer Icicle has chosen Gerber's Yunique PLM software to improve communication between its design, supplier and manufacturing communities. ...
A new version of Centric's PLM system has been launched to meet the complex needs of the footwear industry....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022