just-style's research roundup
Highlights from just-style's research store this week include a look at apparel sourcing in Asia, company profiles with consumer insights for Primark and TK Maxx, and a report on the top 750 men's clothing manufacturers.
- Apparel sourcing in Asia - forecasts to 2016
This first edition report from just-style provides a complete overview of the macro issues and trends driving the apparel producing region of Asia. Amongst discussion are global trends in apparel sourcing, the changing trends of the Asia sourcing market, inventory pressures, increasing domestic demand, changing clothing and materials trends and potential rivals to the Asian countries. Check out the table of contents to appreciate the full coverage of the report.
- Is there an alternative to China for apparel sourcing?
The report concludes that the simple answer to this question is "no". However, the report examines China and its 70 major competitors worldwide. Barring some catastrophic event, China looks set to dominate global apparel sourcing overall until at least 2025. Even if it ever does show significant share loss, there seems no one alternative country to which production will shift.
Company profiles/consumer insight
- Primark clothing | Customer insight
During a period of restricted discretionary spend and low consumer confidence, it is imperative that retailers know who their core customer base is and how they should be targeting them. UK customer insights 2012 are based around individual retailers and provide a highly detailed, data-rich overview of a retailer's customers, including shopper profiles and the drivers of loyalty and disloyalty. This report takes a look at Primark.
- TK Maxx clothing | Customer insight
This report looks at how the profile of consumers shopping at TK Maxx has changed over the past year and what has caused this. It looks at what drives consumers to shop there and what makes them disloyal. It considers how many other stores shoppers use for clothing and whether these will be a threat in the future.
- Womenswear: Global industry guide
This is an essential resource for top-level data and analysis covering the women's wear industry. It includes detailed data on market size and segmentation, textual analysis of the key trends and competitive landscape, and profiles of the leading companies. This incisive report provides expert analysis on a global, regional and country basis.
- Top 300 women's clothing (global)
Using a unique method of analysis, each of the top 300 companies included is individually assessed and ranked against each other and compared to industry averages. Using the most up-to-date financial information available, the two-page per company analysis provides detailed financial analysis for each organisation.
- Menswear: Global industry guide
This incisive report provides expert analysis on menswear at a global, regional and country basis. It contains an executive summary and data on value, volume and segmentation, provides textual analysis of the industry's prospects, competitive landscape and profiles of the leading companies.
- Top 750 men's clothing manufacturers (global)
This global analysis will give you an in-depth assessment of the global mens clothing manufacturers industry instantly. Whether you wish to benchmark your own company's results, study the industry in more depth or have a vast array of industry intelligence at your disposal, this report is the ideal resource.
While Marks & Spencer posted an almost 10% decline in pre-tax profit over the first half of its financial year, an uplift in general merchandise sales in the second quarter suggests efforts to improve...
Swiss group CHT Bezema has opened what is thought to be the first bonded warehouse supplying dyes and chemicals to Ethiopia's growing textile and clothing industry....
The most read stories on just-style this week include Delta Galil USA acquiring the LittleMissMatched brand, Sri Lankan apparel manufacturers facing continuing challenges, and Ethiopia's ongoing effor...
A holistic approach is the best means to tackle the issue of using hazardous chemicals and treating effluent in textile dyeing and finishing, according to a Dutch NGO....
Primark's third European logistics centre has been set up in Germany by DHL Supply Chain to help drive the retailer's international expansion....
Clothing retailer Primark - part of Associated British Foods (ABF) - has posted double-digit increases in full-year operating profit and revenues, boosted by "particularly strong" summer trading in th...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam