just-style's research roundup
Global footwear manufacturing is one of the reports featured in this week's research round-up
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a two-part report on apparel routes to market, company profiles on The Gap Inc and Next, and a look at footwear retailing in the UK.
- Apparel sourcing in Asia - forecasts to 2016
This first edition report from just-style provides a complete overview of the macro issues and trends driving the apparel producing region of Asia. Amongst discussion are global trends in apparel sourcing, the changing trends of the Asia sourcing market, inventory pressures, increasing domestic demand, changing clothing and materials trends, and potential rivals to the Asian countries.
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, 1st quarter 2012
This report analyses some of the latest apparel industry developments and innovations, including design tools, dyeing technology, e-commerce technology, environmentally friendly fibres, other fibres and yarns for apparel, and three-dimensional (3D) body scanning technology. The report includes news from some of the most innovative companies and organisations in the industry.
- Apparel routes to market: Part one - Global distribution overview
Historically, apparel brands looked to retail specialists to distribute their products; however, the boundaries are now blurring, as many brands move across into retailing and retailers become known as fashion brands. In the middle are those brands which have tried to embrace both perspectives from the outset. It appears that retailers dependent on others' apparel brands are losing ground, so as the retail landscape evolves, the battle to follow the right distribution strategy is intensifying.
- Apparel routes to market: Part two - Brands squeezed by changing retail environment
The volatile economic environment and rising pricing pressures make apparel retail a difficult environment to operate in. With independent specialists struggling, the power is shifting from wholesale to own stores and online operations. Key distribution strategies are already being put in place by successful companies, and represent an outward-looking vision, while at the same time keeping on top of the detail of the business and keeping a balance while embracing different routes to market.
- The Gap Inc (GPS): Company profile and SWOT analysis
This company profile and SWOT analysis contains in-depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, business description, financial ratios, SWOT analysis, competitive benchmarking, key facts, key employees, location and subsidiaries as well as information on products and services.
- Next Plc: Retail company profile, SWOT & financial report
If you are looking for up-to-date information on Next Plc, this profile will provide it. It examines and identifies key information and issues, studies and presents the company's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities (growth potential) and threats (competition). It combines strategic and operational business information in an objective way.
- Global footwear manufacturing
Operators in the industry manufacture a wide range of footwear for men, women and children. This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five-year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
- Footwear retailing in the UK | Verdict market report
This report looks at what is driving women's spend in footwear, how sales in men's shoes can be increased and what impact value players will have on children's footwear. It looks at the challenges footwear specialists face from clothing retailers and sportswear players and how they can protect their place in the market.
Faced with continuing challenging trading conditions in 2012, retailers responded with a number of different strategies to try to grow their businesses. International expansion, new and larger format ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' November 2012 sales results....
The most read stories on just-style this week include UK retail administrations jumping 6% in 2012, US Congress avoiding the "fiscal cliff", and TJX Companies acquiring Sierra Trading Post....
Gap Inc has acquired New York-based multi-brand women's wear retailer Intermix for approximately US$130m. ...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019