just-style's research roundup
Children's wear in the Philippines is one of the reports included in this week's research roundup
Highlights from just-style's research store this week include a look at prospects for the textile and clothing industry in India, an analysis of the children's wear market in the Philippines, and reports on the jeans market in South Africa and the United Arab Emirates.
Apparel and clothing
- Prospects for the textile and clothing industry in India
India is the world's second largest producer of textiles and clothing after China. The textile and clothing industry forms a major part of India's manufacturing sector and has contributed enormously to the country's impressive economic development in recent years. India is also recognised as one of the so-called BRIC countries, which are forecast to provide much of the impetus behind global economic growth over the next few years. This report provides more details.
- World textile and apparel trade and production trends: South-East Asia, 2012 edition
The report includes information on: clothing retail sales; employment; exports by destination; foreign direct investment; government initiatives; and production. It also provides analysis of developments in the South-East Asia region and government measures relating to the countries featured. The report presents a wealth of information and is essential for anyone who is considering sourcing from, or selling to, these countries.
- Top 300 children's clothing companies (global)
This report is an in-depth financial evaluation of the leading global childrens' clothing companies. Using a unique method of analysis, each of the top 300 companies included is individually assessed and ranked against each other and compared to industry averages. A two-page per company analysis provides detailed financial analysis for each organisation.
- Children's wear in the Philippines
The report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2007-2011 and analysis by distribution format, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, leading brands, and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market.
- Jeans in South Africa
Get a detailed picture of the jeans market in South Africa from this report. Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change. Understand the competitive environment, the market's major players and leading brands. Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Jeans in the United Arab Emirates
The super premium jeans channel was hit hard by rising economic uncertainty from 2008 onwards, seeing annual volume decline over 2008-2010. However, in 2011 there were the first signs of recovery, with volume sales rising by around a third of a percentage point. This report looks at the market in this region.
Sports and performance wear
- Sports and fitness clothing
This report analyses the worldwide markets for sports and fitness clothing in US$m by the following product segments: Sports apparel and fitness clothing. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the rest of the world. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2009 through 2017. Also, a six-year historic analysis is provided for these markets.
- Underwear, nightwear and swimwear in the United Kingdom
Underwear, nightwear and swimwear witnessed growth across the board as both male and female consumers turned to lower cost items with which to treat themselves. This report provides the latest retail sales data 2007-2011 to help you understand this market.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- LVMH to sell Donna Karan to G-III for US$650m
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020