just-style's research roundup
- Prospects for the textile and clothing industry in India
This report looks at the development of the textile and clothing industry in India, its size and structure, as well as textile and clothing production and consumption. In particular, the report features: a geographical, political and economic profile; a detailed look at the country's imports and exports; a review of government policies, investment incentives and foreign and outward investments; an analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT).
- Trends in EU textile and clothing imports, 2012 edition
At a time when companies are battling against global economic uncertainty, this report provides indispensable insight for any textile and clothing company supplying goods to international markets in general, as well as to the EU region, and for strategists looking to undertake competitor analysis. In this report, Textiles Intelligence reveals trends in EU imports and import prices for textiles and clothing as a whole and for 15 major product categories.
Trade and sourcing
- Apparel sourcing in Asia - forecasts to 2016
This first edition report from just-style provides a complete overview of the macro issues and trends driving the apparel producing region of Asia. Conclusions discuss global trends in apparel sourcing, inventory pressures, the changing trends of the Asia sourcing market, increasing domestic demand, changing clothing & materials trends and potential rivals to the Asian countries.
- Trade and trade policy: the US clothing import market, 1st quarter 2012
This report provides vital data and analysis of trends in the US clothing import market. The report also focuses in greater detail on clothing imports into the USA from ten key supplying countries, namely Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, El Salvador, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Pakistan and Vietnam. In 2011 US clothing imports rose strongly in value and reached a record high. This report looks at the trend.
- Footwear Retailing in the UK | Verdict market report
This report looks at a number of issues facing footwear retailers in the UK, such as the impact value players will have on children's footwear, the challenges footwear specialists face from clothing retailers and sportswear players, how they can protect their place in the market and which retailers will gain the most market share in 2012.
- Footwear in Malaysia
Get a detailed picture of the footwear market in Malaysia from this report. Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change. Understand the competitive environment, the market's major players and leading brands. Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Billabong International Limited (BBG) - Financial and strategic SWOT analysis review
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Billabong International Ltd provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats.
- The Gap, Inc. (GPS) - Company profile and SWOT analysis
This profile examines and identifies key information and issues about The Gap, Inc. for business intelligence requirements. It studies and presents the company's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities (growth potential) and threats (competition). Strategic and operational business information is objectively reported. It also provides analysis on financial ratios along with a competitor benchmarking section.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc is to close two distribution centres in Hebron, Kentucky in a move aimed at driving efficiency, but will also put 350 jobs at risk....
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at how sourcing is going to be in 2013, a spotlight on why buyer interest in Billabong has not yet turned into a deal, and M&S extending it...
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has received a rival bid for the brand from VF Corp and private equity firm Altamont Capital Partners, which matches an offer from US boss Paul Naude and Sycamore P...
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has appointed Peter Myers as group chief financial officer, replacing Craig White who resigned last month....
US children's wear retailer The Gymboree Corp has poached a second executive from specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc in the space of a week, appointing Evan Price as its new chief financial officer....
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Gap deepens social and environmental efforts
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024