just-style's research roundup
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include profiles of US lingerie retailer Victoria's Secret and fashion retailer Esprit, a look at the footwear markets in Indonesia and Taiwan, and an overview of value clothing retail in the UK.
- Victoria's Secret | Verdict Company Briefing
Having taken a relatively cautious approach to international expansion, US lingerie retailer Victoria's Secret is poised to enter the European market with two full assortment stores in London in summer 2012. The retailer's strong global brand awareness, aided by its keen presence on social media sites and its strength in product innovation, will provide differentiation in the UK lingerie market. This profile looks at this expansion.
- Esprit Holdings Ltd in Apparel (World)
Once the brand that was said to have "lost its soul", Esprit has taken significant measures to overhaul its operations, distribution and branding through a high-cost transformation plan. The company is betting heavily on the highly competitive Chinese market. It remains to be seen whether Esprit's narrow international growth strategy and new fashion-focused agenda will enable the apparel retailer to reverse its fortunes.
- Footwear in Indonesia
This report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the footwear market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2007-2011 and analysis by distribution format allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, leading brands, and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market.
- Footwear in Taiwan
Get a detailed picture of the footwear market in Taiwan from this report. Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change. Understand the competitive environment, the market's major players and leading brands. Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Value Clothing Retail in the UK | Verdict Market Report
According to this report, for the first time, forecast growth in value clothing expenditure will underperform the overall clothing market from 2014. A gradual shift in shopping habits of consumers making more considered purchases and wanting better value for money through quality and product design will result in a proportion of consumers trading up to midmarket players. The report investigates this forthcoming trend.
- Menswear Retailing in the UK | Verdict Market Report
The analysts in this report expect menswear to substantially over perform between 2011-16 against the past five years. Moreover, the following five years will offer even more opportunities to menswear retailers. It is therefore important that retailers identify the key trends emerging now, so that they can prepare and adjust their businesses for more exciting times ahead.
- Global Technical Textiles Business Update, 2nd quarter 2012
This report provides a round-up of recent corporate developments in the global technical textiles sector, including acquisitions, business news, events, financial results, investments, joint ventures and market forecasts. The report contains insight and analysis of developments in a wide range of companies and other organisations involved in the sector.
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, 2nd
This report provides information on the latest developments in fabrics for technical textiles, fibres for technical textiles, finishing treatments, geosynthetics and textiles for medical devices. The report includes news from some of the most innovative companies and organisations.
Generally, 2013 is seen as being another challenging year for the apparel industry - although there is cautious optimism for an improved business environment. Issues such as compliance, sustainability...
Opportunities the apparel industry should focus on this year include developing strategic relationships to improve flexibility across the supply chain; a focus on adding value through design, innovati...
What should apparel firms have learnt from the upheaval of the past couple of years - and what should they be doing now if they want to remain competitive into the future? They need to remain nimble e...
Uncertainty is perhaps the biggest challenge facing the apparel industry in 2013. The economic situation in Europe and the US, a combination of rising production costs and flat prices, the pressure to...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
Two campaigns carried out over the past two years by two groups of activists have achieved very different results. Whereas Greenpeace has successfully corralled major brands and retailers into its Det...
Women's wear retailer Cache has appointed Jay Margolis as its chairman and chief executive officer, replacing Thomas Reinckens who has stepped down....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024