just-style's research roundup
Highlights from just-style's research store this week include an analysis of RFID in apparel, a global market review of performance outdoor apparel, and a look at the clothing accessories market in Turkey and Russia.
- From fibre to store: Developments in the apparel and household textiles market
Having survived the 2008 recession and the 2011 cotton price spike, the textiles industry still faces challenges ahead. Sustainability is increasingly at the forefront of the consumer mind-set and it is becoming clear that a one-size-fits-all solution does not suit all producers and retailers. This global briefing also examines evolving trends in two of the major end-use markets for the textiles supply chain: apparel and household textiles with a focus on distribution and consolidation.
- Apparel RFID 2013-2023
The RFID tagging of apparel is now the largest and fastest growing application of RFID in retailing, the retail supply chain and associated industries. About 100 organisations are tagging apparel in trials and rollouts. Just two - taken together - will buy 500m tags yearly. According to this new analysis, the systems and tag business concerned with apparel RFID will grow at double the rate of the overall RFID market through the next ten years.
- Global market review of performance outdoor apparel - forecasts to 2018
Outdoor apparel is the fastest-growing segment of the global sports apparel market. In fact, market analysts estimate that the performance apparel segment is currently growing at double the pace of the overall sportswear sector. A timely moment then for this latest report from just-style, which examines the reasons behind this trend, the impact on manufacturers and the increasing competitiveness within the category.
- Performance apparel markets: Business update, 3rd quarter 2012 edition
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; joint ventures, cooperation, licensing and distribution; legal issues; manufacturing facilities; new stores; online retailing; recycling; research and development (R&D); and research facilities.
- Apparel manufacturing in the UK - industry market research report
This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five-year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
- Women's and girl's wear manufacturing in Australia - industry market research report
Firms within this industry purchase fabrics and materials from textile producers. These fabrics are then cut and sewn to produce women's and girls' outerwear apparel. This report looks at industry performance, products and markets and competitive landscape.
- Clothing accessories in Turkey
This report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2007-2011 and analysis by distribution format allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, leading brands, and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market.
- Clothing accessories in Russia
Get a detailed picture of the clothing accessories market in Russia from this report. Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change. Understand the competitive environment, the market's major players and leading brands. Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie