just-style's research roundup
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at chemical protective clothing, digital strategies at Asos and Oasis, and two reports on world markets for textile machinery.
- Chemical protective clothing: providing a life-critical barrier
This report provides a wealth of information on chemical protective clothing, including the different types of clothing and ensembles, materials used to produce them, their applications and key performance features. It also provides an overview of demand for chemical protective clothing, chemicals and their hazards, and standards for chemical protective clothing.
- Profile of Lakeland Industries: an innovator in chemical protective clothing
The report highlights the company's development, its products and technologies, research and development, manufacturing and product sourcing, sales and marketing activities, acquisitions and financial performance, as well as providing an outlook for the future.
- Global market review of performance outdoor apparel - forecasts to 2018
Outdoor apparel is the fastest-growing segment of the global sports apparel market. A timely moment then for this latest report from just-style, which examines the reasons behind this trend, the impact on manufacturers and the increasing competitiveness within the category.
- ASOS: An e-retail success story
Since 2010, ASOS has launched six international sites. In recent times, overseas operations have been responsible for the majority of its revenue growth. This expansion has not, however, been carried out at the expense of its UK operation, a market that still accounts for over one third of the company's revenues. This profile looks at how the company has achieved strong growth during tough economic times.
- Oasis: How to succeed in the omni-channel world
Oasis, with 487 stores in 25 countries, operates as a retail brand of Aurora Fashion. In 2011, Oasis introduced a £7m, 18-month investment program to revamp its brand image and gain market share through the integration of all its retail channels. This report looks at how the adoption of the omni-channel retail concept was successful for the company.
- World markets for textile machinery: Part 1 - yarn manufacture, September 2012 edition
This report examines general trends and provides analysis of international textile yarn machinery markets. It also includes a statistical appendix which provides data on installed capacities and shipments of spinning machines - by type, region and selected country.
- World markets for textile machinery: Part 2 - fabric manufacture
This report examines general trends and provides analysis of the international fabric machinery market. 2011 was a mixed year as shipments of weaving machinery and knitting machinery increased but shipments of circular knitting machinery declined. In weaving, shipments of shuttleless looms rose and reached a record high for the second consecutive year.
- Women's & girls' apparel manufacturing in the US - industry market research report
This report covers the scope, size, disposition and growth of the industry including the key sensitivities and success factors. Also included are five year industry forecasts, growth rates and an analysis of the industry key players and their market shares.
The recent garment factory tragedies in Bangladesh are pushing the industry towards a tipping point - as consumers call for increased sustainability and information about where their clothes come from...
ASOS sells women’s wear, men's wear, footwear, lifestyle accessories, and jewelry and beauty products through its retail website. The company offers more than 50,000 branded and private label products...
Profile offers detailed strategic analysis of the company’s business, examining its performance in the Apparel industry. The report examines company shares by region and sector, product developments, ...
Asos executive director of product and trading, Kate Bostock, has resigned from the online retailer after just six months in the role....
Provides in-depth analysis of the latest trends in online consumer shopping, covering drivers of online shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 25 product categories) and reviews of the...
JD Sports Fashion has named Gwynn Milligan managing director of its Bank fashion stores, replacing Peter Alecock who has been promoted to group commercial operations director....
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects