just-style's research roundup
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include company briefings on Arcadia, H&M and Next, a look at the trends in world textile and clothing trade, and global and regional trends in mill fibre consumption and man-made fibre production.
- Arcadia company briefing
This briefing looks at how the incorporation of BHS has impacted Arcadia's overall performance over the last three years, and how the retailer has dealt with this. It identifies which clothing sectors offer Arcadia the most growth potential, how it can differentiate its clothing offer and compete with growing rivals like Primark, Inditex and H&M.
- H&M company briefing
Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) continues to expand its physical presence around the world, with new stores in China, the US and Eastern Europe driving future growth. Its focus on new brands, with the launch of & Other Stories in spring 2013 will also broaden its appeal. This company briefing looks at its activities and includes estimated sales data and market shares for H&M's total clothing, women's wear, men's wear, children's wear and accessories.
- Next company briefing
What is Next's share of the UK market for women's wear, men's wear, children's wear, accessories and footwear? What is their market share forecast? How have Next's clothing sales and densities developed and how is this likely to change? This briefing seeks to answer these and other questions.
- World textile and apparel trade and production trends: the US, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico, January 2013 edition
This report contains statistical data, information and insight into the textile and apparel industries in the US, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico. The report includes a wide range of information on: clothing retail sales; employment; exports by destination; imports by source and product; investments; government initiatives; developments in the region; and production.
- Trends in world textile and clothing trade, January 2013 edition
This report identifies key trends in the world textile and clothing trade and includes information on: textile trade flows, clothing trade flows, intra-Asian textile and clothing trade, and textile and clothing deficits and surpluses. It also analyses the trade activities of the world's leading textile and clothing exporting and importing countries and regions.
- Profile of Miroglio: a leading vertically integrated textile and apparel group in Italy
Miroglio Group is one of the largest textile and garment producers in Italy. This report highlights the company's development, divisions, competition, financial performance, and corporate social responsibility (CSR). It serves as an indispensable case study for those who want insight on a market leader in the industry and one which has weathered the effects of the global economic crisis.
- Global and regional trends in mill fibre consumption and man-made fibre production, January 2013 edition
This report includes statistical data, insight and analysis of mill consumption of textile fibres as well as man-made fibre production and trade covering the period 2006-11. This report includes statistical data and analysis of global trends in man-made fibre production by country and geographical region.
- Survey of the European fabric fairs for autumn/winter 2013/14
The latest update in this series of reports summarises the trends which were evident at the European fabric fairs for the autumn/winter 2013/14 season. Despite the uncertain economic outlook, there was a positive air at the fairs and one of excitement. The author of the report visited Munich Fabric Start, Première Vision and Milano Unica where she interviewed exhibitors and found out first-hand which trends are proving to be the most popular.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Apparel supply giant Li & Fung has emphasised China's enduring importance as a sourcing destination, noting that the country continues to play a key role for both importers and retailers....
Fashion retailer H&M is looking to source clothing from Ethiopia as it looks to expand its supply chain to new countries that can support its growth....
Top stories on just-style this week include: Li & Fung's continued focus on sourcing from China, a meeting to discuss compensation for victims of the recent Bangladesh tragedies has been delayed, and ...
As part of efforts to reduce its water usage, European clothing retailer C&A has announced a partnership with the Water Footprint Network. ...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Are apparel prices really rising?
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020