just-style's research roundup
Prospects for the textile and clothing industry in Bangladesh is one of the reports featured in this week's research roundup
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include a look at prospects for the Bangladeshi textile and clothing industry, a report on apparel in China, and an overview of the jeans market in Canada.
- Prospects for the textile and clothing industry in Bangladesh
This report looks at the development of the textile and clothing industry in Bangladesh, its size and structure, as well as production and consumption. It also features a geographical, political and economic profile; a detailed look at the country's imports and exports; a review of government policies, investment incentives and foreign investments; an analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT); and a look at its infrastructure and human resources and how these affect the textile and clothing industry.
- Trends in EU textile and clothing imports
This 2013 update provides indispensable insight for any textile and clothing company supplying goods to international markets in general, as well as the EU region, and for strategists looking to undertake competitor analysis. In this report, Textiles Intelligence reveals trends in EU imports, as well as import prices of textiles and clothing as a whole and of 15 major product categories.
- Recent developments in corporate social responsibility (CSR) in the global textile and clothing industry
This report provides an update of recent developments in corporate social responsibility (CSR) in the global textile and clothing industry in the following categories: certification systems; company sustainability reports; factory health and safety; management of hazardous chemicals; measures to improve the sustainability of textiles; recycling; and water management initiatives. Many companies and brands are analysed in the report.
- World textile and apparel trade and production trends: South Asia, July 2013 edition
The latest edition of this report series contains statistical data, information and insight into the textile and apparel industries in Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. It includes detailed information by product category on production of textiles and clothing; textile and clothing imports by supplying country; and textile and clothing exports by destination country.
- Apparel in Venezuela
This report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the apparel market in Venezuela at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2008-2012 and analysis by distribution format, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies, leading brands, and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market. Forecasts to 2017 illustrate how the market is set to change.
- Apparel in China
The country's economy suffered a decline in growth with 2012 GDP growth slowing to 7.8% from 9.2% in 2011. Under the sluggish macroeconomic conditions, consumers became more conservative when purchasing apparel. In this context, apparel in China experienced a decline in growth over the review period in both retail volume and value as this report shows.
- Jeans in Canada
Although the jeans market improved in Canada in 2012, the industry is starting to see a greater challenge from other segments such as trousers for men and dresses, skirts and pants for women. This has served to erode the growth in recent years, particularly as both men and women sought different styles and more interesting colour and pattern options for their apparel last year. This report takes a look at the category.
- Tomorrow's apparel industry: products, markets, sourcing and influences - forecasts to 2019
This report looks at how and why the apparel industry has changed recently, the manner in which it is changing now and how it will change in the foreseeable future. It sets the scene by reviewing the apparel retail market over the last few turbulent years, assesses the current state of play and provides scenarios for how the future may play out. Subsequent chapters are structured in the same way and deal with merchandise, distribution, wholesale, sourcing and production trends.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective