just-style's research roundup
Sustainable textiles for apparel: fact, fiction and future prospects is one report featured in this week's research roundup
The latest reports from just-style's research store include a report on the emerging textile and clothing industry in Ethiopia, a look at sustainable textiles for apparel, and a profile of UK clothing retailer Next.
- Ethiopia - the emerging textile and clothing industry
The report sets the scene on one of the oldest countries in the world, now the fourth largest and second fastest growing economy in Sub Saharan Africa. It will show how the textile and garment sector in Ethiopia has set ambitious targets to expand rapidly by 2015. One of Ethiopia's strategic objectives is to increase product diversity and product categories across various parts of the value chain to build the backward integration and to open new market access opportunities.
- Global children's wear market 2014-2018
This report has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, the Americas, and the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region; it also covers the global children's wear market landscape and its growth prospects in the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
- Formal wear & costume rental in the US - industry risk rating report
The report looks at the operational risk associated with this industry. Three types of risk are recognised in this analysis. These are risk arising from within the industry itself (structural risk), risks arising from the expected future performance of the industry (growth risk) and risk arising from forces external to the industry (external sensitivity risk).
- Sustainable textiles for apparel: fact, fiction and future prospects
This report explores and clarifies, as much as possible, the complex and ongoing issues surrounding sustainable textiles for apparel. The report includes quotes from some of the leading players spearheading activity in this area and illustrates how sustainability must go beyond corporate social responsibility studies and philanthropic efforts to focus on the impact of textiles on the environment.
- Prospects for the textile and clothing industry in the Philippines
This report looks at the development of the textile and clothing industry in the Philippines, its size and structure, production and consumption. The report also features a geographical, political and economic profile; a detailed look at the country's imports and exports; a review of government policies, investment incentives and foreign investments and an analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT).
- Hot issue: Waterless textile and garment dyeing
This latest hot issue report from just-style begins with a recent comprehensive overview of the latest waterless dyeing manufacturing developments and industry implications. This is followed by an exclusive recent interview with Brad Poorman, CMSO, DryDye Fabrics. The report also rounds up a choice of articles originally published on just-style, revealing the historic landmarks that brought this new technology to market.
- Survey of the European fabric fairs for autumn/winter 2014/15
The author of the report visited Munich Fabric Start, Première Vision and Milano Unica where she interviewed exhibitors and found out first-hand which trends were proving to be the most popular. Despite the uncertain economic outlook, the mood at the fairs was one of optimism and excitement, due in part to the growing number of buyers who have been sourcing their fabrics from Europe rather than from Asian countries.
- Next plc: Retailing - company profile, SWOT & financial report
This company profile contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and services, SWOT analysis, business description, company history, financial analysis, recent developments, key employees, company locations and subsidiaries as well as competitive benchmarking data.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020