UK: Office of Fair Trading may investigate JJB sale
The UK's Office of Fair Trading is expected to investigate any attempt by Sports Direct to acquire 180 stores from rival JJB Sports, which is expected to file for administration this week, according to reports.
Sports Direct is considering fewer than 50 of the stores, The Independent reported. It added that even with interest from JD Sports, it is considered likely that more than 100 shops will close, with the loss of at least 2,000 jobs.
JJB is expected to appoint administrators this week in a pre-pack deal that will allow a new owner to buy it out of technical insolvency, with fewer stores and less debt, the report said.
Restructuring company GA Europe is believed to have submitted an offer for the retailer, while OpCapita, Better Capital and sporting goods retailer Decathlon were also rumoured to have received information on the company.
JJB Sports put itself up for sale at the end of August, after its directors admitted they did not believe they could raise the funds necessary to implement a turnaround.
UK retailer Sports Direct has said it is confident of reaching its full year targets after posting better than expected third quarter sales. ...
Former JJB Sports executive chairman Sir David Jones has been charged with allegations of forgery and making misleading statements to the market in 2009....
Sports and casual wear retailer JD Sports has confirmed to just-style that Tom Knight, who led the development of its sports performance fascia, has left the business....
Sports and casual wear retailer JD Sports Fashion has acquired youth clothing brand Gio Goi - less than a month after it collapsed into administration....
Youth clothing brand Gio Goi has fallen into administration....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details