Africa: over-hyped or underestimated?
The US Senate's passing of the Trade Promotion Authority Bill (TPA) on 1 August expands the duty-free treatment for textiles contained in the African Growth and Opportunity Act. It may be the best thing that's ever happened to the African apparel industry says Mike Flanagan, who goes on to lament: if only pressure groups and other governments could be as helpful.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores