Rapid customer response - the challenge for manufacturing : Part 1
Introductionto Rapid Customer Response The ability to respond to the customer with the right product, quantity, priceand location at minimum cost has been cited as the hallmark of the 'world-class'manufacturing business. In the 1990s, this operating paradigm is called efficient customerresponse (ECR). Before, this had been associated mainly with the retail side ofdistribution. Retailers know that the product must be on the shelf when needed. Theyrealize the need to minimize shortages, they offer high quality and increase margins. Thismust be done while they search for ways to reduce the amount of stocked inventory. Forthem, slow delivery and product shortages cause customers to go elsewhere.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack