Activating the Supply Chain : Part 2
Different types of productrequire different supply chain approaches. There is the 'one-time' product wherethe customer knows this is a fashion item and if he wants it, he knows he need to buythere and then as he is unlikely to find it in the shop the next time he goes. There isthe seasonal re-order product where the consumer feels he will be able to go back and buymore, and then there is the perpetually replenished item which he would expect to findalways on the shelf. With each, one needs to continuously review the order frequency,forecasting approach, materials purchasing and stock holding, finished goods stock levels,batch/lot size, lead times, etc, to see where improvements can be made. For any reductionin lead times to be effective one needs to make staged commitments and share the risk,starting with capacity and raw materials. Internet technologies should be used to shareinformation rather than to exchange information as happens with EDI. Co-operation isneeded in the supply complex between partners with complementary skills and this leads tothe need for partnerships.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020