Restructuring puts Gerber back on track
Difficult US economic conditions, general global uncertainty, slow demand for capital equipment, and the prolonged weakness of the Euro were all cited by Gerber Technology when it announced a restructuring of its operations at the end of May. Redundancies, discontinued product lines and a consolidation of its facilities have all been undertaken in an effort to reduce costs. In this interview, Marc Giles, president and CEO of Gerber Technology talks about the changes this hi-tech systems and solutions provider has been through - including its new product/business management organisation, the demise of Gerber Information Systems, and the world market for CAD/CAM.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective