Restructuring puts Gerber back on track
Difficult US economic conditions, general global uncertainty, slow demand for capital equipment, and the prolonged weakness of the Euro were all cited by Gerber Technology when it announced a restructuring of its operations at the end of May. Redundancies, discontinued product lines and a consolidation of its facilities have all been undertaken in an effort to reduce costs. In this interview, Marc Giles, president and CEO of Gerber Technology talks about the changes this hi-tech systems and solutions provider has been through - including its new product/business management organisation, the demise of Gerber Information Systems, and the world market for CAD/CAM.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores