US: Retailers' March 2011 sales roundup
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' March 2011 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available.
General merchandiser The TJX Companies reported sales of $2.04bn for March, up 1% over the $2.03bn achieved during the same period last year. Same-store sales for the month decreased 1% compared with a 12% increase in the same period last year.
Department store chain Kohl’s Corporation reported that for the five-week month ended 2 April 2011 its total sales decreased 4.9% and same-store sales decreased 6.5% from the five-week month ended 3 April.
Luxury retailer Nordstrom reported a 5.1% increase in same-store sales for the month of March. It reported preliminary total retail sales of $897m for the month, up 10.1% compared with the same period in fiscal 2010.
Neiman Marcus reported 9% growth in revenues to $372m for the month of March. The company's same-store sales increased 8.8% during the period.
Global retail chain Gap Inc reported that its March 2011 net sales decreased 8% compared with last year. Net sales for the five-week period were $1.33bn, compared with net sales of $1.45bn for the same period last year. The company's same-store sales were down 10% during the period.
Department store chain Dillard’s has announced monthly sales $519.8m, compared to sales of $526.9m in the same period last year, a 1% decrease. Same-store sales decreased 1% for the five weeks ended 2 April.
Retailer Stein Mart reported a same-store sales decrease of 3.9% for the month of March. Total sales for the period were $127.1m, a decrease of 4.9% from $133.6m in the same period of 2010.
Department store firm Macy’s reported total sales of $2.207bn, an increase of 1.6% compared with total sales of $2.172bn in the five weeks ended 3 April. On a same-store basis, Macy’s sales were up 0.9% in March.
Department store chain The Bon-Ton Stores sais its same-store sales for the month decreased 6.1%, while total sales decreased 6.6% to $254.5m during the period.
Women's wear retailer Bebe Stores said its same-store sales for the fiscal quarter ended 2 April 2011 decreased 0.7% compared to a decrease of 11.2% in the prior year. Retail sales from continuing operations for the month were $337.5m, a decrease of 0.4% compared to the same period last year.
The Wet Seal said its sales in March were $61.7m, a 10.2% increase compared to the prior year period. Same-store sales for the month rose by 4.7%.
Denim frm The Buckle announced same-store net sales, for stores open at least one year, up 8.4%. Net sales for the five-week fiscal month ended 2 April increased 11.4% to $96.8m.
Apparel retailer Stage Stores said its total sales for the five week March period ended 2 April decreased 4.1% to $134m from $140m in the prior year period. Same-store sales decreased 5.3%.
Teen retailer Hot Topic reported a sales decline of 4.2% for March, to $115m, while its same-store sales decreased 3.4%.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2011 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' July 2011 sales results....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)