The supply chain for garments has to be viewed as one of the most complex supply chains in existence. Variety, seasonality, sizes, colours, different handling systems, boxed, hanging, etc. The advent of bar coding and bar code readers together with modern inventory management systems and modern garment materials handling techniques appeared to have provided all the efficiencies that could be derived from this supply chain. Up until a few months ago, that statement was very true. RFID "Tags" have been in existence for a number of years however, their size and cost have limited their application to the garment industry. Until now. A new generation of RFID tags has been developed; opening a plethora of applications, limited only by the lateral thought capability of the system engineers. Smart Labels as they are generically known, have addressed the size and cost issues. The tags have been designed from the outset to be inexpensive, re-usable (up to 100,000 re-writes per label), and in a virtually flat, label format.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report