The administration mushroom
By The Demand Activated Manufaturing Architecture (DAMA) Project | 15 May 1999
The operating environment for businesses inthe Apparel & Footwear Industries has changed in recent years. Global trading andcompetition, low margins and more orders in small quantities are characteristic of today'sIndustries. All of these have created pressure on domestic businesses to grow strong ordie. The application of IT in the form of fully integrated Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP) systems has been a key part of the success of the thrivers. After all, how can youcontrol costs and maximize sales unless the activities of all resources are integrated?Business units must keep in touch with each other and the marketplace. These systems havenow become the norm. The question to ask is: are they all the same?
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022