The administration mushroom
By The Demand Activated Manufaturing Architecture (DAMA) Project | 15 May 1999
The operating environment for businesses inthe Apparel & Footwear Industries has changed in recent years. Global trading andcompetition, low margins and more orders in small quantities are characteristic of today'sIndustries. All of these have created pressure on domestic businesses to grow strong ordie. The application of IT in the form of fully integrated Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP) systems has been a key part of the success of the thrivers. After all, how can youcontrol costs and maximize sales unless the activities of all resources are integrated?Business units must keep in touch with each other and the marketplace. These systems havenow become the norm. The question to ask is: are they all the same?
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020