Economics versus ethics: the moral dilemma
"Do we in the West really need a GBP4 pair of jeans or a GBP1.50 T-shirt?" This was the question put to delegates at the 12th annual ASBCI industry conference, where speakers pointed out that the rise of the conscience consumer has seen purchasing decisions shift from 'product quality' to the perceived 'honesty and integrity' of a retailer and its range.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again