C&A: the UK's latest fashion victim
Last week's announcement that European fashion retailer C&A is to pack its bags, shut up its 109 UK and Irish shops after more than 75 years, and disappear completely from these high streets by the beginning of next year comes as yet another devastating blow to the British clothing industry. In fact its timing couldn't have been worse, coming as it did less than ten days after the government unveiled details of a £15 million rescue package aimed at stemming the clothing industry's massive job losses, and revitalizing a sector that has been decimated by poor sales and falling prices over the past couple of years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing