Top 10 Black Friday deals on clothing and footwear
Wal-Mart said it saw larger crowds in store compared to last year
US retailers are pulling out all the stops to lure shoppers in-store and online this weekend, kicking off the holiday shopping season by opening their doors early on Black Friday - the day after Thanksgiving.
Here are ten Black Friday deals on clothing and footwear:
- More than 1,500 stores Gap stores opened at midnight this Black Friday with up to 60% off at stores until 25 November.
- Shoppers can buy sweaters for $19 at Gap and graphic tees for $5 at GapKids and babyGap.
- At Old Navy, everything is on sale with deals on coats, denim and tees
- Customers can save 70% off everything at Gap Outlet and Banana Republic Factory stores until 25 November.
- Banana Republic is offering 40% off purchases all day.
- At Athleta, customers could receive free fitness classes and personal shoppers.
- Piperlime's New York's store opened its doors an hour early, while online offers include free shopping on online orders over $50.
- Department store retailer Macy's is offering extra discounts online, including 15% and 10% off products online with promotion codes.
- Shoppers could save 50% on Carter's Playwear for Baby products and 20% on selected men's boots.
- Women's coats are available for $59.99-129.99.
- Select Alfrani, Geoffrey Beene and Oscar de la Renta sweaters are on offer for $21.99.
- US department store retailer is offering customers a $15 cash coupon for every $50 spent until 11:59pm on 25 November. The cash coupons can be used in store or online on all sale, regular and clearance-priced products between the 26 November and 3 December.
- Stores opened at 12am on today and will be open from 6am to midnight on Saturday and Sunday.
- Cashmere sweaters usually $125 are available for $34.99.
- Black Friday sales started yesterday at discount retailer Target Corporation, as stores were open until 9pm.
- Shoppers who spend $50 or more on apparel, accessories or home products, will receive a $10 Target gift card to use on future purchases.
- Target Redcard holders has early access to select Black Friday sale items online.
- Shoppers at department store operator Bon-Ton Stores can save up to an extra 25% on sale products using a promotional code, with free standard shipping.
- Customers can save up to 70% on women's and men's outerwear and $20 off junior jeans from Silver Jeans Co.
- Fashion boots have 60% off, while Rampage boots are available for $19.97 and Ukala by emu boots for $49.97.
- Discount retailer Stein Mart opened its stores at 7am until 10pm with 50% off ladies coats.
- Men's sweaters are available for $14.96, while women's jeans and jumpers available for $14.96 and $39.96 respectively.
- Department store retailer JC Penney is offering free shipping on any purchase until 26 November.
- Over 1,100 stores opened at 6am and will close at 11pm with many of them giving away free gifts in store.
- Teen retailer Aeropostale is offering free shipping for orders over $75 or more.
- Customers can save 60% on all products online with graphic tees from $5, hoodies and sweaters from $12 and outerwear from $15.
Levi Strauss & Co
- Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co is offering 40% off products online and free shipping until tonight with a promotional code.
- Retail giant Wal-Mart said it saw larger crowds than last year and processed nearly 10m transactions in store from 8pm to midnight.
- 'Connected' Wal-Mart customers has early access to purchase select Black Friday store items on Thanksgiving Day before they are in store.
Commenting on the earlier Black Friday opening times, Jon Copestake, retail analyst at the Economist Intelligence Unit said: "Black Friday is morphing into a "Blue Thursday" as stores open earlier each year.
"With the likes of WalMart and Target pushing forward opening times, US retailers are taking an increasingly ruthless approach to holiday shopping, with the Thanksgiving table barely cleared before shopping begins."
US department store retailer Macy's has today (15 May) booked a 19.9% increase in first-quarter profit on solid sales, despite the negative impact of unseasonably cool weather and weakened demand....
General merchandise retailer Target Corporation has teamed up with New York-based designer Phillip Lim to launch an exclusive apparel and accessories collection....
Gap Inc has said that net sales increased 7% over the first quarter, with growth driven by Gap and Old Navy. ...
Delia's, which sells clothing for teenage girls and young women, has appointed former Gap executive Tracy Gardner to the newly-created role of chief creative officer....
Omaha-based investment firm Waitt Company has acquired the Judith Leiber, Adrienne Vittadini and Taryn Rose brands as part of a co-investment with brand development company Authentic Brands Group....
New research released this week has linked international fashion brands to a textile plant in West Java that is accused of dumping industrial wastewater containing a cocktail of toxic and hazardous ch...
Gap Inc, the USA's largest speciality clothing retailer, is eyeing a larger share of the $1.4trn global apparel market through a number of new initiatives including plans to franchise Old Navy stores ...
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024