UK Lingerie Industry Report
Key Note estimates the total retail sale of women's lingerie, corsetry and hosiery to be £1.55bn in 1999, with sales of brassières accounting for around a third of the value. The UK clothing industry has struggled for some years against a downturn in demand and an increase in value, and an improvement in the quality of imported goods. The lingerie sector has been no exception. Between 1996 and 1998, imports of lingerie rose by almost a third, while exports fell by 6.6% in a trend unlikely to be reversed, especially with rises in the interest rates strengthening the pound still further.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022