Weather forecasts offer brighter outlook for retailers
The wettest April on record in the UK meant last month was a washout for retailers - but contrasts with an unexpectedly warm March that saw shoppers flock to the stores to buy items like summer clothes. With the weather changing every day, forecasting upcoming trends is as important for the apparel and footwear industry as any other. Katie Smith reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment
- Africa's largest free trade area to launch