Tesco FY and turnaround plan: what the analysts say
Tesco today (18 April) said it would spend GBP1bn (US$1.55bn) in a bid to revitalise its domestic operations as it confirmed that full-year like-for-like sales and profits in the UK have dropped. Nevertheless, its strong international business enabled the UK's largest retailer to book a 1.6% increase in pre-tax profit. While the disappointing UK performance held no surprises, details of the turnaround plan have been broadly welcomed by the market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- Dick's Sporting Goods updates on strategy