Marks & Spencer H1: what the analysts say
While Marks & Spencer posted an almost 10% decline in pre-tax profit over the first half of its financial year, an uplift in general merchandise sales in the second quarter suggests efforts to improve its clothing offer are beginning to bear fruit. Here is a flavour of what leading retail analysts say about M&S' recent performance.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant