Next trading update: What the analysts say
Next kicked off the UK retailers' Christmas trading statements, recording a 3.8% rise in sales between 1 November and 24 December. The results led to the company nudging up its full-year profit forecast, now expecting full year profits to be between GBP611-625m (US$989m-1.12bn), against prior forecasts of GBP590-620m. Here is a flavour of what leading retail analysts say about Next's recent performance.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- M&S project benefits garment worker health
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years
- Over 8,000 children in Delhi garment industry