What's in store for US back-to-school sales?
Analysts are forecasting a mixed bag of back-to-school sales this year, with the stagnant economy expected to weigh on demand for apparel and footwear, but falling cotton prices, promotions and tax holidays likely to provide some respite. As usual there will be winners and losers, but which retailers are likely to fare best in their second biggest selling season of the year? Katie Smith reports.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie