FOCUS: Zara grows in Brazil while Gap and H&M dither
Over the past five years, retail sales of apparel generated stronger incremental growth in Brazil than anywhere else in the world except China. Yet while Inditex is reaping the rewards of double-digit growth, H&M and Gap Inc have yet to grab a piece of the action. Has the best of the opportunity slipped away? asks Magdalena Kondej, head of apparel research at Euromonitor International.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- China's apparel sector ponders sustainability
- US textile and apparel trade and sourcing snapshot
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Long-term partnerships key to Adidas sourcing mode