just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Carmen Paun
Clothing and textiles were one of the two top product categories notified through the European Union's (EU) rapid alert system on dangerous consumer products (RAPEX) in 2013.
The European Union (EU) is targeting full elimination of tariffs for textiles and clothing in its free trade agreement talks with the US, an EU source close to the negotiations has told just-style.
Making Bangladeshi garment factories safe would add US$0.10 to the cost of each garment shipped over the next five years, the country's ambassador to the European Union (EU) said yesterday (17 September).
A planned deepening of trade relations between the European Union (EU) and Morocco should streamline customs procedures for the EU clothing and textile industry, whether importing or exporting products from this key north African trading partner.
The European Union (EU) textile and clothing industry is unsure whether it stands to benefit or to lose from a proposed free trade agreement (FTA) between EU and Thailand, for which negotiations were announced earlier this month.
The European Parliament yesterday (17 January) urged the European Commission to stick to its guns in proposing that origin labelling for clothing and shoes made outside the European Union (EU) be made mandatory.
The Argentine government has rejected a case brought by the European Union (EU) at the World Trade Organisation (WTO) claiming it is imposing unlawful import restrictions on all EU exports, including clothing, textiles and footwear.
The European textiles industry has expressed concern about the potential impact of an EU decision approved Thursday (13 September) by the European Parliament, to temporarily waive import duties on a range of textiles, apparel and footwear products from Pakistan.
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Cambodia employers and unions unhappy at wage rise
- Uzbekistan forces more adults into cotton harvest
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP