just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Carmen Paun
The European Union (EU) and the five members of the East African Community (EAC) are now legally scrubbing the text of a free trade agreement (FTA) concluded last October to prepare it for signature and ratification, according to the European Commission.
The European Branded Clothing Alliance (EBCA) has asked negotiators of the planned EU-US Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) to strike an ambitious agreement.
Clothing and textiles were one of the two top product categories notified through the European Union's (EU) rapid alert system on dangerous consumer products (RAPEX) in 2013.
The European Union (EU) is targeting full elimination of tariffs for textiles and clothing in its free trade agreement talks with the US, an EU source close to the negotiations has told just-style.
Making Bangladeshi garment factories safe would add US$0.10 to the cost of each garment shipped over the next five years, the country's ambassador to the European Union (EU) said yesterday (17 September).
A planned deepening of trade relations between the European Union (EU) and Morocco should streamline customs procedures for the EU clothing and textile industry, whether importing or exporting products from this key north African trading partner.
The European Union (EU) textile and clothing industry is unsure whether it stands to benefit or to lose from a proposed free trade agreement (FTA) between EU and Thailand, for which negotiations were announced earlier this month.
The European Parliament yesterday (17 January) urged the European Commission to stick to its guns in proposing that origin labelling for clothing and shoes made outside the European Union (EU) be made mandatory.
The Argentine government has rejected a case brought by the European Union (EU) at the World Trade Organisation (WTO) claiming it is imposing unlawful import restrictions on all EU exports, including clothing, textiles and footwear.
The European textiles industry has expressed concern about the potential impact of an EU decision approved Thursday (13 September) by the European Parliament, to temporarily waive import duties on a range of textiles, apparel and footwear products from Pakistan.
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)