just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Dean Best
Tesco CFO Laurie McIlwee has decided to leave the UK retailer, it was announced this afternoon (4 April).
Carrefour, the world's second-largest retailer, today (5 March) reported higher 2013 profits as investment helped boost sales in France - with the company pledging to up capital expenditure this year.
Tesco Kipa, the Turkish unit of UK retailer Tesco, has today (24 February) confirmed its parent is in talks over possible options for the future of the business.
Asda ended its 2013 financial year with a fall in underlying sales in the fourth quarter.
UK retailer Asda has reported "a good performance" during what it described as a "very tough" Christmas trading period.
Wal-Mart has admitted some jobs will be lost from its business in India as the US retail giant plots its growth in the market alone.
Tesco has set out a plan to become the first foreign retailer in India to run multi-brand outlets, with an application to invest in local operator Trent Hypermarket.
David Cheesewright, the head of Wal-Mart's operations in EMEA and Canada, is to be promoted to lead all of the retail giant's businesses outside the US.
Doug McMillon, the chief executive of Wal-Mart's operations outside the US, is to become the CEO of the world's largest retailer, it said today (25 November).
Wal-Mart Stores has outlined plans to open stores and distribution centres in China over the next three years - after saying last week some existing outlets in the country would close.
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled