just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Devangshu Dutta
The Indian government's decision to relax restrictions on foreign investment in the country's retail industry doesn't mean the end of the debate, writes Devangshu Dutta.
Branded apparel retailer Indian Terrain Fashions plans to launch a 'Made in America' jeans brand using denim from a US mill which will be made into jeans in Guatemala. It's a move that bucks trends for brands sold in India, which mainly buy denim products from within the country.
Lured by India's booming consumer market and hopes that it will soon ease its retail investment rules, more and more apparel brands see the country as an opportunity to grow their businesses. But their experiences suggest it is not as easy as it might seem. Here, Devangshu Dutta discusses the shopping habits on Indian consumers and why pricing remains a critical challenge.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack