just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Devangshu Dutta
The Indian government's decision to relax restrictions on foreign investment in the country's retail industry doesn't mean the end of the debate, writes Devangshu Dutta.
Branded apparel retailer Indian Terrain Fashions plans to launch a 'Made in America' jeans brand using denim from a US mill which will be made into jeans in Guatemala. It's a move that bucks trends for brands sold in India, which mainly buy denim products from within the country.
Lured by India's booming consumer market and hopes that it will soon ease its retail investment rules, more and more apparel brands see the country as an opportunity to grow their businesses. But their experiences suggest it is not as easy as it might seem. Here, Devangshu Dutta discusses the shopping habits on Indian consumers and why pricing remains a critical challenge.
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead