just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Heather Whyley
A conference on sustainability issues in the textile industry taking place in Barcelona later this year has added an extra workshop session on Greenpeace's Detox Campaign to eliminate the release of hazardous chemicals throughout the apparel supply chain.
The organisers of ITMA, the world’s largest textile and garment technology exhibition which takes place in Barcelona later this year, are planning to kick off the event with a round-table discussion on sustainability issues for the textile industry.
ITMA, the world’s largest textile and garment technology exhibition, has added a fibre and yarn section to the show to provide textile and garment manufacturers with a wider sourcing platform.
Italy will host the 17th edition of ITMA, the world’s largest textile machinery exhibition, after beating off 12 other contenders during a selection process that took more than a year.
Another event has been lined up to take place alongside the ITMA 2011 textile and garment machinery trade show which takes place next year in Barcelona, Spain.
The first World Textile Summit business forum is set to take place next year alongside the ITMA 2011 textile and garment machinery trade show, in Barcelona, Spain.
Textile machinery exhibition ITMA plans to put a bigger spotlight on research and development next year.
The organisers of the ITMA textile machinery trade show taking place next year are setting up a separate area dedicated to equipment for garment making and textile processing.
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Gap deepens social and environmental efforts
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024