just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Heather Whyley
A conference on sustainability issues in the textile industry taking place in Barcelona later this year has added an extra workshop session on Greenpeace's Detox Campaign to eliminate the release of hazardous chemicals throughout the apparel supply chain.
The organisers of ITMA, the world’s largest textile and garment technology exhibition which takes place in Barcelona later this year, are planning to kick off the event with a round-table discussion on sustainability issues for the textile industry.
ITMA, the world’s largest textile and garment technology exhibition, has added a fibre and yarn section to the show to provide textile and garment manufacturers with a wider sourcing platform.
Italy will host the 17th edition of ITMA, the world’s largest textile machinery exhibition, after beating off 12 other contenders during a selection process that took more than a year.
Another event has been lined up to take place alongside the ITMA 2011 textile and garment machinery trade show which takes place next year in Barcelona, Spain.
The first World Textile Summit business forum is set to take place next year alongside the ITMA 2011 textile and garment machinery trade show, in Barcelona, Spain.
Textile machinery exhibition ITMA plans to put a bigger spotlight on research and development next year.
The organisers of the ITMA textile machinery trade show taking place next year are setting up a separate area dedicated to equipment for garment making and textile processing.
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024