just-style authors and correspondents
Ivan Castano Freeman
Articles by Ivan Castano Freeman
The global apparel industry is expected to grow 3.5% to over $500bn this year, matching a similar gain in 2014 and consolidating a three-year recovery, according to the International Apparel Federation's (IAF) new president Rahul Mehta.
The global footwear industry is expected to grow 4-5% to nearly $200bn next year as a firming global economy fuels consumer demand for leading brands such as Nike or Steve Madden, industry executives say.
Premiere Vision Sao Paulo is boosting its presence in Brazil with plans to add a space for apparel manufacturers to broaden its services to meet needs of the whole garment-making chain.
A new textiles innovation laboratory in Mexico is working to develop an apparel fibre based on agave, the plant ingredient used to make the country's tequila and agave liquors.
Global fast-fashion brands such as H&M, Forever 21 and American Eagle Outfitters who are keen to grow their business in Mexico are being urged to start sourcing apparel there instead of in Asia.
Colombia's Commerce, Trade and Industry Minister Cecilia Alvarez-Correa has pledged to support the country's beleaguered textile exporters at a time when imports outpace exports three-to-one.
Global apparel brands must boost innovation and put customers at the centre of their growth strategies in order to survive an increasingly challenging market, industry executives said at the International Apparel Federation's 30th Fashion Convention in Colombia last week.
Adriano Goldschmied, Diesel's co-founder, is working to promote a new stretch fabric he hopes will turn around the fortunes of the $50bn denim industry.
The International Apparel Federation (IAF)'s 30th annual convention launched in Medellin, Colombia on Tuesday (29 September), luring 330 delegates from over 15 countries to discuss the industry's latest challenges.
After 40 years in Costa Rica, Hanesbrands has decided to move its men's boxers production to Vietnam and will dismiss 1,250 workers in the process.
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Honduras “union-busting” rift unresolved
- Quiksilver appoints Agnes to CEO role
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019