just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Joe Ayling
With 20 years of experience across manufacturing, retail and international development to her name, Abi Rushton is well-placed to help steer apparel sourcing strategies of the future. just-style news editor Joe Ayling found out more in the first part of an extended inteview on the global supply chain.
A BBC documentary that showed children making garments for Primark "more likely than not" used certain fake footage, according to the media organisation's complaints panel.
US fashion group VF Corporation has described its US$2bn acquisition of outdoor apparel group Timberland as a "milestone", ending a year long analysis of potential targets.
Fashion group VF Corporation has agreed a deal to buy outdoor apparel and footwear firm Timberland for US$2bn.
US fashion company The Jones Group has bought a majority stake in UK footwear retailer Kurt Geiger for GBP215m (US$352m) it has been confirmed to just-style.
Luxury fashion firm Burberry has today (26 May) booked strong profit and sales growth for fiscal 2010/11 and indicated it will invest heavily in its stores this year.
Luxury goods giant Burberry has booked a 38% hike in full-year profit, on the back of strong sales of items such as handbags, jewellery and shoes and growth in China.
UK retailer Marks and Spencer (M&S) is looking at ways to optimise its store space, from stocking products according to the local area to revitalising its clothing ranges, as part of a three-year plan to take the company forward.
UK retailer Marks and Spencer (M&S) has reported solid full-year profit growth, as it managed to hold prices steady despite soaring cotton prices.
Heading up supply chain operations for Levi Strauss, the world's largest denim brand, Geert Peeters strives to source jeans in a sustainable, fashionable and compliant way. just-style news editor Joe Ayling caught up with him at the sidelines of a London event to launch its new WaterLess line.
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects