just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Joe Ayling
With 20 years of experience across manufacturing, retail and international development to her name, Abi Rushton is well-placed to help steer apparel sourcing strategies of the future. just-style news editor Joe Ayling found out more in the first part of an extended inteview on the global supply chain.
A BBC documentary that showed children making garments for Primark "more likely than not" used certain fake footage, according to the media organisation's complaints panel.
US fashion group VF Corporation has described its US$2bn acquisition of outdoor apparel group Timberland as a "milestone", ending a year long analysis of potential targets.
Fashion group VF Corporation has agreed a deal to buy outdoor apparel and footwear firm Timberland for US$2bn.
US fashion company The Jones Group has bought a majority stake in UK footwear retailer Kurt Geiger for GBP215m (US$352m) it has been confirmed to just-style.
Luxury fashion firm Burberry has today (26 May) booked strong profit and sales growth for fiscal 2010/11 and indicated it will invest heavily in its stores this year.
Luxury goods giant Burberry has booked a 38% hike in full-year profit, on the back of strong sales of items such as handbags, jewellery and shoes and growth in China.
UK retailer Marks and Spencer (M&S) is looking at ways to optimise its store space, from stocking products according to the local area to revitalising its clothing ranges, as part of a three-year plan to take the company forward.
UK retailer Marks and Spencer (M&S) has reported solid full-year profit growth, as it managed to hold prices steady despite soaring cotton prices.
Heading up supply chain operations for Levi Strauss, the world's largest denim brand, Geert Peeters strives to source jeans in a sustainable, fashionable and compliant way. just-style news editor Joe Ayling caught up with him at the sidelines of a London event to launch its new WaterLess line.
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP
- J Crew embarks on new expansion phase