just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Jonathan Dyson
Ayka Addis Textile - the Ethiopian subsidiary of the Turkish textile and garment manufacturer Ayka Tekstil - has told just-style it is anticipating strong growth in its sales over the coming years due to a growing number of European retailers looking to source from Ethiopia.
Brands and retailers in the UK and other parts of Europe are "coming back" to Turkey as a source of textiles and clothing as they seek to diversify their supply chains away from Asia.
Final negotiations are underway to secure a planned investment by Turkish textile manufacturer Akber to construct the biggest textile plant in Ethiopia so far.
Turkey's clothing industry is anticipating stronger export growth in 2014, despite growing concerns within the sector about increasing pressure on price from European retailers.
The Macedonian government has embarked on a new expansion strategy for its textile and clothing sector as it looks to grow its exports to the European Union (EU) and other global markets.
The Croatian Chamber of Economy (CCE) has told just-style that the country plans to utilise European Union (EU) funding to help boost its textile and clothing industry after it becomes the 28th EU member state today (1 July).
The group representing Turkish clothing manufacturers has reiterated to just-style that there has been no disruption to its delivery of orders following the civil unrest that has been taking place in the country for more than a week.
America's Save Our Industries Act, also known as the SAVE Act, which would give a range of Philippines-made apparel duty-free access to the US, looks increasingly likely to be implemented. And the Filipino clothing and textile sector is happy.
Malaysia's textile and clothing industry is planning to focus on three key areas - higher value fashion, dyeing and finishing, and technical textiles - to sustain strong growth and continue to compete with significantly lower-cost competition elsewhere in Asia.
Thailand's textile and garment industry is aiming to diversify its export markets as it faces a significant drop in demand from its key American and European Union (EU) customers.
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam