just-style authors and correspondents
Articles by Jonathan Dyson
Brands and retailers in the UK and other parts of Europe are "coming back" to Turkey as a source of textiles and clothing as they seek to diversify their supply chains away from Asia.
Final negotiations are underway to secure a planned investment by Turkish textile manufacturer Akber to construct the biggest textile plant in Ethiopia so far.
Turkey's clothing industry is anticipating stronger export growth in 2014, despite growing concerns within the sector about increasing pressure on price from European retailers.
The Macedonian government has embarked on a new expansion strategy for its textile and clothing sector as it looks to grow its exports to the European Union (EU) and other global markets.
The Croatian Chamber of Economy (CCE) has told just-style that the country plans to utilise European Union (EU) funding to help boost its textile and clothing industry after it becomes the 28th EU member state today (1 July).
The group representing Turkish clothing manufacturers has reiterated to just-style that there has been no disruption to its delivery of orders following the civil unrest that has been taking place in the country for more than a week.
America's Save Our Industries Act, also known as the SAVE Act, which would give a range of Philippines-made apparel duty-free access to the US, looks increasingly likely to be implemented. And the Filipino clothing and textile sector is happy.
Malaysia's textile and clothing industry is planning to focus on three key areas - higher value fashion, dyeing and finishing, and technical textiles - to sustain strong growth and continue to compete with significantly lower-cost competition elsewhere in Asia.
Thailand's textile and garment industry is aiming to diversify its export markets as it faces a significant drop in demand from its key American and European Union (EU) customers.
A growing number of major retailers including H&M, Tesco and Primark are sourcing textiles and clothing from Ethiopia, as the country's industry undergoes a major expansion programme.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report