just-style authors and correspondents
In her role as news editor at just-style, Katie Smith oversees the site's daily news feed, researching and writing news and analyses, tracking down exclusive stories, and interviewing industry executives for their insight into the key stories.
With a post-graduate qualification in magazine journalism, Katie honed her business knowledge on just-style's sister titles just-food and just-auto.
Articles by Katie Smith
German sportswear brand Puma has revealed that it has been impacted by ongoing industrial action taking place at a footwear supplier in Vietnam, which has now entered its sixth day.
US apparel prices continued to be mixed in February, increasing from January, but falling year-on-year, the latest figures have revealed.
Major footwear manufacturer Pou Chen Group, which supplies Adidas and Nike, is in discussions with the Vietnamese government to address worker concerns at its Pou Yuen factory, which resulted in strike action.
International non-profit organisation Textile Exchange (TE) has launched the latest version of its Responsible Down Standard (RDS), designed to help companies ensure the down in their products comes from ethically treated geese and can be traced across the supply chain.
Brand management company Iconix Brand Group CFO Jeff Lupinacci has stepped down after a year in the post to pursue another business opportunity.
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013.
Confidence among UK consumers rose to its highest level in almost 13 years this month, the latest figures have revealed.
The International Apparel Federation (IAF) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Hong Kong General Chamber of Textiles (HKGCOT), with the aim of exchanging knowledge on innovation, apparel markets and international business opportunities.
Executives from sportswear giant Adidas and fashion brands The Unseen and Marc Jacobs are among the companies set to headline the third PI Apparel (Product Innovation Apparel) conference in June.
US fashion retailer Ascena Retail Group has appointed former Ann Taylor president Brian Lynch as president and CEO of its tween brand Justice.
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- GAFTI gears up for change in apparel auditing
- Fast Retailing ramps up sustainability efforts
- Apparel software trends 2015: What else to watch?
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- Myanmar garments to benefit from export strategy
- H&M and Kering trial recycling technology
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide