just-style authors and correspondents
Katie Smith is a reporter for just-style and the newest member of the editorial team. Since she joined parent company Aroq Ltd she has written for both just-style and its sister site just-food, as well as completing a post-graduate training course in magazine journalism.
As part of her current role, Katie is building on her knowledge of the global apparel and footwear industry by generating, researching and writing news stories and insights.
Articles by Katie Smith
US retailer Target Corp has tapped PepsiCo executive Brian Cornell as its new chairman and CEO, with one analyst applauding the move as "a good choice".
Authentic Brands Group (ABG) is adding to its growing portfolio by acquiring the Collective Licensing International footwear brands from Payless ShoeSource for an undisclosed sum.
A solid revenue gain at its brands and retail business helped Indian textile conglomerate Arvind Ltd to book a double-digit increase in first-quarter profit.
Confidence among UK consumers in July dropped for the first time in six months, according to new figures.
What is on the horizon for the fashion industry is set to be the focus of a new industry conference taking place later this year.
Indian textile and clothing group Raymond Ltd has said it will continue to invest for growth, after narrowing its first-quarter loss thanks to higher sales.
German sportswear business Puma delivered a second-quarter performance in line with both analyst and company expectations, despite posting a 76.2% drop in net earnings.
With abundant growth opportunities in the pipeline at Under Armour, the performance apparel, footwear and accessories brand has said it aims to look back on 2014 as a pivotal year in its diversification. And five of its business categories bringing diversity to its story are footwear, women's, connected fitness, direct-to-consumer and international.
An increase in projected full-year earnings and revenue at Under Armour has been described as "bullish" and a "positive catalyst" move by one analyst.
A raft of fashion industry experts gathered in London this week to discuss integrating sustainability into businesses through 3D (social, environmental, commercial) initiatives. Views were shared on the challenges faced by manufacturers and brands, and the opportunities driving change within the industry. Here are a selection of quotes from the annual Source Summit, organised by the Ethical Fashion Forum.
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report