just-style authors and correspondents
In her role as news editor at just-style, Katie Smith oversees the site's daily news feed, researching and writing news and analyses, tracking down exclusive stories, and interviewing industry executives for their insight into the key stories.
With a post-graduate qualification in magazine journalism, Katie honed her business knowledge on just-style's sister titles just-food and just-auto.
Articles by Katie Smith
Outdoor fabric technology specialist WL Gore & Associates is introducing a “revolutionary” technology to make its lightest and most breathable Gore-Tex product yet.
Analysts remain mixed on how soon Gap's turnaround visibility will become clear, after the US retail giant Gap Inc saw its third-quarter net profit slide by more than a quarter, and lowered its full-year outlook.
More US consumers are planning to shop over the Thanksgiving this year, as the importance of the weekend will never change.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at how C&A's overhaul of its fit and product development processes is paying dividends, Uniqlo and Toray ink a new sourcing deal aimed at reducing lead times and optimising production, and Cambodia approves a draft union law despite criticism.
PLM solution provider Centric Software has opened its first Latin American office in Mexico City, as part of efforts to develop a market in the region.
Clothing and footwear sales continued on their upward trajectory for UK retailers in October, albeit at a slower pace than in the prior month.
Mothercare's turnaround efforts in the UK are bearing fruit after the mother, baby and children's goods retailer cut its first-half losses in the country, helping overall group profit to more than double.
Italian apparel and footwear business Geox saw its earnings increase more than threefold during the first nine months of the year, helped by higher sales of its core footwear products.
UK fashion brand Ted Baker has booked a double-digit increase in third-quarter net profit, despite a more challenging trading environment in some of its international markets, but said its full-year performance will depend on the all-important Christmas period.
Wolverine Worldwide has promoted Richie Woodworth as president of the clothing and footwear company's Lifestyle Group, which includes the Sperry, Stride Rite, Keds, and Hush Puppies brands.
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015